- RENTALS ARE BASED ON 24 HOUR PERIODS STARTING FROM THE TIME OF PICK UP.
- MINIMUM AGE TO RENT IS 21 FOR MOST VEHICLES.
- MINIMUM AGE OF 25 FOR PREMIUM SUV’S AND 15 PASSENGER VANS.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday – Sunday: 9am to 7pm
Vehicles can be returned 24 hours a day
Holiday hours may vary
Free Unlimited mileage provided to travelers deplaned at Orange County, San Diego or Ontario Airport with a current (same day) boarding pass on all rentals with the exception of the following vehicles:
- Specialty Luxury (Mercedes Benz & BMWs) 150 free miles per day
- Vans & Cargo Vans 250 free miles per day/ 1500 free miles per week
- Fullsize SUVs 150 free miles per day
- Specialty Cars 150 free miles per day
All local renters and non-local renters without a current boarding pass will receive 150 free miles per day on all rentals (unless otherwise specified).
Additional miles @ $.28 ($.38 per mile for Specialty Luxury, Fullsize Vans, Premium SUVs.
Vehicles allowed for travel within the states of California, Nevada and Arizona. Travel into Mexico is not allowed.
THE RENTER’S OWN LIABILITY INSURANCE WILL APPLY EXCEPT WHERE OWNER IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO PROVIDE LIABILITY PROTECTION. IF RENTER PURCHASES LIABILITY PROTECTION FROM UNITED AUTO RENTAL, THE RENTER WILL BE PROVIDED WITH LIABILITY PROTECTION UP TO MINIMUM COVERAGE REQUIRED BY STATE LAW SHOULD BODILY INJURY CLAIMS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE CLAIMS BE MADE AGAINST RENTER OR AUTHORIZED DRIVERS BY PEOPLE INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT. THE COST OF RLI, RENTERS LIABILITY INSURANCE IS $12.99 PER DAY.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER IS OFFERED AT $10.99 TO 15.99 PER DAY DEPENDING ON THE RENTED VEHICLE. CDW IS NOT INSURANCE
Taxes and other fees
SALES TAX IS CURRENTLY 8 PERCENT.
SHUTTLE IS AVAILABLE DURING BUSINESS HOURS. WE ARE VERY ACCOMMODATING, PLEASE CALL THE LOCATION AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVE AT THE GATE SO WE CAN ARRANGE FOR YOUR PICKUP.
OUR OFFICES ARE LOCATED AT JUST FEW MINUTES FROM THE MAIN TERMINAL. OUR SHUTTLES ARE COMPLEMENTARY.
OUR LOCATIONS ARE CONVENIENTLY LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 1-2 MILES FROM THE MAIN TERMINAL
MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED:
AMERICAN EXPRESS, MASTER CARD, DISCOVER CARD VISA, DINERS CLUB
CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
When renting a vehicle using a Visa or MasterCard debit card, please note:
- United Auto Rental will place a debit hold on your account for the estimated amount of the rental plus up to $350 ($250 for travelers with a round trip airline ticket). This hold is not an actual charge, however while the hold is in effect, these funds will no longer be available for your use.
- If the vehicle is not returned on or before your due date, United Auto Rental will obtain additional debit authorizations to cover expected rental charges.
- When the vehicle is returned, United Auto Rental will charge the total rental amount, and will process a reversal of any unused portion of the debit hold. Depending on your bank’s procedures, this reversal could require up to 5 business days to be posted to your account. Please check with your financial institution for their related policies. Unfortunately, United Auto Rental cannot expedite the release of this debit hold, and the funds will not be available for your use until your bank processes the release. United Auto Rental will not be responsible for any returned checks due to credit holds.
* prepaid cards will be treated same as cash and will need to meet the same requirements as cash rentals.
CUSTOMERS PLANNING TO RENT WITHOUT THE USE OF A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD (CASH ONLY BASIS) MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION TO THE RENTAL COUNTER:
VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND ROUND TRIP TICKET FROM AN AIRLINE.
VERIFIABLE HOME PHONE NUMBER OR A CURRENT VERIFIABLE GAS OR ELECTRIC BILL WITH THE RENTER’S NAME AND ADDRESS. A RECENT PAY STUB NO MORE THAN 30 DAYS OLD. ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE IN THE RENTER’S NAME. A CASH DEPOSIT OF $350 WILL BE REQUIRED IN ADDITION TO THE COST OF RENTAL
CREDIT CARD GUARANTEE REQUIRED AT BOOKING FOR PREMIUM, LUXURY, VANS , SUVS, AND CONVERTIBLE.