- Rentals are based on 24 hour periods starting from the time of pick up.
- Minimum age to rent is 21 for most vehicles- 25 for premium SUV’s and 15 passenger vans.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday – Sunday: 9am to 7pm
Vehicles can be returned 24 hours a day
Holiday hours may vary
Free Unlimited mileage provided to travelers deplaned at Orange County, San Diego or Ontario Airport with a current (same day) boarding pass on all rentals with the exception of the following vehicles:
- Specialty Luxury (Mercedes Benz & BMWs) 150 free miles per day
- Vans & Cargo Vans 250 free miles per day/ 1500 free miles per week
- Fullsize SUVs 150 free miles per day
- Specialty Cars 150 free miles per day
All local renters and non-local renters without a current boarding pass will receive 150 free miles per day on all rentals (unless otherwise specified).
Additional miles @ $.28 ($.38 per mile for Specialty Luxury, Fullsize Vans, Premium SUVs.
Vehicles allowed for travel within the states of California, Nevada and Arizona. Travel into Mexico is not allowed.
The renter’s own liability insurance will apply except where owner is required by law to provide liability protection. If renter purchases liability protection from United Auto Rental the renter will be provided with liability protection up to minimum coverage required by state law should bodily injury claims and property damage claims be made against renter or authorized drivers by people injured in an accident. The cost of RLI renters liability insurance is $12.99 per day
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Collision damage waiver is offered at $10.99 to $15.99 per day depending on the rented vehicle CDW is not insurance.
Taxes and other fees
Sales tax is currently 7.75%
VLF: Vehicle Licensing Fee of $.45 to $.95 per day. This fee varies depending on the rented vehicle.
Shuttle is available during business hours. We are very accommodating, please call the location once you have arrived so we can arrange for your pick up. Shuttles are complementary. Our locations are conveniently located approximately 1 to 2 miles from the airport terminal.
Major credit cards accepted: American express, Master card, Discover Card, Visa,
Checks are not accepted
When renting a vehicle using a Visa or MasterCard debit card, please note:
- United Auto Rental will place a debit hold on your account for the estimated amount of the rental plus up to $350 ($250 for travelers with a round trip airline ticket). This hold is not an actual charge, however while the hold is in effect, these funds will no longer be available for your use.
- If the vehicle is not returned on or before your due date, United Auto Rental will obtain additional debit authorizations to cover expected rental charges.
- When the vehicle is returned, United Auto Rental will charge the total rental amount, and will process a reversal of any unused portion of the debit hold. Depending on your bank’s procedures, this reversal could require up to 5 business days to be posted to your account. Please check with your financial institution for their related policies. Unfortunately, United Auto Rental cannot expedite the release of this debit hold, and the funds will not be available for your use until your bank processes the release. United Auto Rental will not be responsible for any returned checks due to credit holds.
* Pre-paid cards will need to meet the same requirements as cash rentals.
Renting cars using a cash deposit
Customers planning to rent without the use of a credit or debit card -cash only basis- must bring the following documents to the rental counter:
Valid drivers license and a round-trip ticket from an airline.
Verifiable Home phone number or a current verifiable gas or electric bill with the renters name and address. A recent pay-stub no more than 30 days old. All documents must be in the renter’s name. A cash deposit of $350 would be required in addition to the cost of rental.
A credit card guarantee is required at booking for premium, luxury, vans, SUV’s and convertibles.